Chapter - 7
1. Answer the following questions:
a. What is a number system? List the different types of number system.
Ans: Number System is the System used to represent or express numbers. The different types of number system are as follows:
- Decimal number system (Base- 10)
- Binary number system (Base- 2)
- Octal number system (Base- 8)
- Hexadecimal number system (Base- 16)
b. What is binary number system?
c. What is hexadecimal number system? List its digits.
Ans: The number system that uses 16 different digits to represent number is known as hexadecimal number system. It's digits are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, and F
d. What is octal number system? List its digits.
e. What are BIT and Byte.
2. Perform the following Binary Calculations.
Only few numericals are solved here. You can solve the rest problem yourself using the same solving pattern.
If Class 10 Number System Notes were helpful to you then don't forget to share this notes with your friends & classmates.