In class 12 chemistry we have to study about Alcohols which comes under organic chemistry sections. Students can easily study about the nomenclature, preparation and properties of Alcohols if they have proper notes. So inorder to help you in your studies we have provided the complete notes PDF of Alcohols chapter.
Alcohols Class 12 chemistry notes PDF contains all the required nomenclature, preparation methods as well as both physical and chemical properties of alcohols which will help you in your studies. You can even download the notes PDF for personal use.
Unit - 10
Alcohols fall under unit 10 of class 12 chemistry book according to the updated syllabus of 2080. Now let's have a introduction with alcohols. Aliphatic alcohol has general formula, ROH, where R = alkyl group. The number of -OH group attached to the hydrocarbon may be one, two, three or more and they are called monhydric, dihydric, trihydric or polyhydric alcohols respectively.
Alcohols may be of 1º, 2º and 3° depending upon the attachement of - OH group in 1º, 2º and 3º carbon atom of hydrocarbon.
CH₃OH Methanol (Methyl alcohol)
CH₃CH₂OH Ethanol (Ethyl alcohol)
CH₃CH₂CH₂OH Propanol (Propyl alcohol)
When you have finished studying this unit, you should able to;
- Explain nomenclature, isomerism and classification of monohydric alcohol.
- Distinguish between primary, secondary and tertiary alcohols by Victor Meyer's method.
- Describe the preparation and properties of monohydric alcohols.
- Describe the industrial preparation alcohol.
- Explain the various form of alcohols.
Now let's move on to the notes of this chapter. The PDF given below contains all the notes that is required from Alcohols chapter. We request students to use the notes of alcohols chapter wisely to prepare for their board examination.
You have to scroll the PDF to view all the notes of alcohols. This PDF contains 24 slides in total which is enough to get prepared for alcohols chapter. If you want to make extra preparation then you can practice class 12 chemistry model questions 2080 which will help you to know the questions pattern of board examination 2080.
Alcohol Class 12 Chemistry Notes PDF Content
We have already provided class 12 chemistry alcohols chapter notes PDF. Now some of you may want to know what does that PDF contains? If that's the case then don't use your brain too much. I will tell you what does the pdf contain. The PDF of class 12 chemistry alcohol chapter contains the following;
- Introduction of Alcohols
- Nomenclature, Isomerism and Classification of Monohydric Alcohol
- Distinction of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Alcohols by Victor Meyer's Method
- Preparation of Monohydric Alcohols
- Industrial Preparation of Alcohol Definition of the Common terms of Alcohols
- Physical Properties of Monohydric Alcohols
- Chemical Properties of Monohydric Alcohols
- Test of Ethanol
If you memorise well about all the topics mentioned above then I believe that you have learned enough from alcohols chapter. You can study your chemistry book if you want to gain deeper knowledge about alcohols and the other topics related to alcohols.
If we talk from exam perspective, you need to study all the methods of preparation of alcohols and the chemical and physical properties because they are the most asked questions from alcohols chapter. You also have to remember all the name reactions involved in the preparation of alcohols.
How to Download Alcohols Notes PDF?
Class 12 chemistry unit 10 alcohols notes PDF are shared for educational purposes. We want students to use if for their exam preparation. While preparing for board exam we may need the notes PDF anytime but we may not have internet access at that time.
If that situation ever occurs then students won't be able to use the notes PDF of class 12 alcohols chapter and our whole hard work will be useless. We don't want that to happen that's why we want you to download the PDF and save it in your gallery.
Almost all the user who visit us in regular basis already know how to down the PDF of class 12 alcohols notes. If you are new user who don't know how to download the notes PDF then I'll guide you. You just have to follow the simple steps given below to download the notes PDF.
- There is an arrow at the top right corner of the PDF. Click on that arrow.
- When you click on the arrow, a pop-up menu will appear which asks you to choose your Google drive account if you have multiple accounts in your device. Choose the Gmail you want to use.
- After selecting the Gmail address, Google drive will get opened where you'll again find the notes of alcohols chapter. Click on the 3 dots given at the top right corner.
- When you click on the dots, a pop-up window will appear from where you have to click on download button.
- When you click on the download button, a downloading notification will appear at your device screen which confirms that your PDF is being downloaded.
After the downloading process is completed, you can open your browser and click on 3 dots then go to downloads to view the downloaded notes PDF or you can simply open your file manager and visit downloads to find the downloaded notes.
If you haven't prepared the notes of other chapters such as Phenols, Haloalkanes, Haloarenes etc then you can type the name of the chapter in the search bar to get the notes of that chapter too.
As mentioned earlier, class 12 alcohols notes PDF are shared for educational purpose and it is limited to personal use only. You are not allowed to republish the pdf in any other platform for without permission. In additional to that we request you to share the notes with your friends and classmates so that they can also prepare well managed notes of alcohols chapter.
You can also join our telegram channel or follow our Facebook page to get all the latest notes according to your grade. You can even discuss all the doubts you have with your friends from different schools by joining our telegram group.