The part of chemistry which deals about combining power of atoms as well as appropriate reason behind the combination of atoms is called chemical bonding. During the formation of chemical bonding mainly three factors play the vital role.
First, atoms should come close together and the attractive force between atoms should be greater than repulsive force of two nucleus and the revolving electrons of two atoms. Second, atom with eight electrons (octet) in its outermost shell are said to be stable.
What we are going to study
In this chapter we are going to study about Valence Shell, Valence electrons and octet theory, Ionic bond and its properties, Covalent bond and coordinate covalent bond, properties of covalent compounds and lewis dot structure of some common compound.
When you have finished studying this unit, you should able to:
- understand the terms: valence shell, valence electrons, and octet theory.
- explain the various type of bonding: ionic bond, covalent bond, and coordinate covalent bond and the characteristics of their compounds.
- write the Lewis dot structure of some common compounds of s and p block compounds.
- describe resonance.
- explain VSEPR theory and to write the shape of some molecules according to this theory. know the elementary idea of Valence Bond Theory (VBT)
- describe hybridization involving s and p orbitals.
- understand bond characteristics; bond length, ionic character, and dipole moment. know Vander Waal's force and molecular solids.
Just scroll down to view the complete handwritten note of chemical bonding and shape of molecules chapter of class 11 chemistry.
If you need the full notes of Chemical Bonding and Shape Of Molecules chapter, along with some important questions, you can access the PDF provided below. These comprehensive notes cover all the essential information that students require to create effective study materials for their exams.
Chemical Bonding and Shape Of Molecules Class 11 Chemistry Notes PDF
In class 11 Chemical Bonding and Shape Of Molecules chapter we will study about many different topics. Students should take notes of every topics very carefully for better understanding of the chapter and to prepare a well managed notes for exam preparation. If your teacher hasn't provided you any notes then you can prepare your notes from the PDF given below.
If you wish to access the PDF offline, you have the option to download it for personal use. However, please note that the PDF is intended for personal educational purposes only, and any commercial use or sharing without permission is not permitted.
Our intention in providing these notes is to support class 11 students in saving time and concentrating on their studies, rather than spending time creating notes. Once downloaded, you can conveniently read from the PDF, allowing you to focus on studying when time is limited.
Share the love and spread the knowledge. Free to share this notes with your friends and classmates! 😊