Solid, liquid and gas are the most common states of matter. They are differing from each other due to their arrangement of constituent particles. The intermolecular force of attraction and intermolecular distance between the particles determines whether the substance is in the solid or liquid or gaseous state.
The change of such states of matter is possible due to the change in heat energy. Heat energy is responsible to change the kinetic energy of molecules which in turn changes the molecular arrangement or intermolecular distance.
What we are going to study
In this chapter we are going to study about Kinetic theory of gas and its postulates, Gas laws, Ideal gas and ideal gas equation, Universal gas constant and its significance, The liquid state and solid state.
When you have finished studying this unit, you should able to:
- explain the postulates of kinetic theory of gases.
- state gas laws and to write their mathematical derivations: Boyle's law, Charles' law, Avogadro's law, Dalton's law, and Grahm's law of diffusion.
- derive combined gas equation.
- know the concept of Universal gas constant and its significance, and ideal gas and ideal gas
- equation. distinguish between ideal gas and real gas and deviation of real gas from ideal behavior. explain the properties of liquid: evaporation and condensation, vapour pressure and boiling point, surface tension and viscosity.
- understand liquid crystals and their applications. identify the types of solids: amorphous and crystalline solids, efflorescent, deliquescent, and hygroscopic solids.
- explain crystallization, crystal growth, and water of crystallization.
You can scroll down to view the complete handwritten notes of states of matter chapter of class 11 chemistry. If the images provided below are not clear enough then you can scroll further more to get the PDF version of the notes.
If you want the complete notes of states of matter chapter including some important questions then just check out the PDF given below. The PDF contains all the notes of class 11 states of matter chapter of chemistry. The PDF version will be easy for students to prepare notes. If you don't have the time to prepare notes then you can even print the PDF.
States of Matter Class 11 Chemistry Notes PDF
In class 11 states of matter chapter we will study about many different topics. Students should take notes of every topics very carefully for better understanding of the chapter and to prepare a well managed notes for exam preparation. If your teacher hasn't provided you any notes then you can prepare your notes from the PDF given below.
If you want to use the PDF while you are offline then you can easily download the PDF for personal use. By the term personal use we meant that you can't share the PDF for any commercial purpose without permission.
We have provided the notes for educational purpose with a hope that class 11 students will use it to save their time and focus in studying instead of making notes. You just have to download the PDF and then you can read from the PDF itself if you don't have enough time to copy the notes.
Share the love and spread the knowledge. Free to share this notes with your friends and classmates! 😊