In class 11 physics Ideal Gas chapter we will study about gas law, ideal gas equation, gas constant, kinetic theory of gases and many more. If you want to know more than you can read the syllabus of grade 11 physics.
Ideal Gas Fall under Heat and Thermodynamics branch and has total 5 chapters. Heat and Temperature, Thermal Expansion, Quantity of Heat, Rate of Heat Flow and Ideal Gas are the chapters falling under this branch.
Ideal gas equation, Molecular properties of matter, Kinetic-molecular model of an ideal gas, Derivation of pressure exerted by gas, Average translational kinetic energy of gas molecule, Boltzmann constant, root mean square speed, Heat capacities: gases and solids.
After studying this chapter, students should be able to:
- Relate pressure coefficient and volume coefficient of gas using Charles's law and Boyle's law.
- Define absolute zero temperature with the support of P-V, V-T graph.
- Combine Charles's law and Boyle's law to obtain ideal gas equation.
- Explain molecules; inter molecular forces, moles and Avogadro's number.
- Explain the assumptions of kinetic-molecular model of an ideal gas.
- Derive expression for pressure exerted by gas due to collisions with wall of the container appreciating the use of Newton's law of motion.
- Explain the root mean square speed of gas and its relationship with temperature and molecular mass.
- Relate the pressure and kinetic energy.
- Calculate the average translational kinetic energy of gas for 1 molecule and
- Avogadro's number of molecules.
- Solve mathematical problems related ideal gas.
Just scroll down to view the complete handwritten note of Ideal Gas chapter of class 11 physics.
If you need the full notes of Ideal Gas chapter, along with some important questions, you can access the PDF provided below. These comprehensive notes cover all the essential information that students require to create effective study materials for their exams.
Ideal Gas Class 11 Physics Notes PDF
In class 11 ideal gas chapter we will study about many different topics. Students should take notes of every topics very carefully for better understanding of the chapter and to prepare a well managed notes for exam preparation. If your teacher hasn't provided you any notes then you can prepare your notes from the PDF given below.
If you wish to access the PDF offline, you have the option to download it for personal use. However, please note that the PDF is intended for personal educational purposes only, and any commercial use or sharing without permission is not permitted.
Our intention in providing these notes is to support class 11 students in saving time and concentrating on their studies, rather than spending time creating notes. Once downloaded, you can conveniently read from the PDF, allowing you to focus on studying when time is limited.
Share the love and spread the knowledge. Free to share this notes with your friends and classmates! 😊