In class 11 Gravitation chapter we will study about Newton's Law of Gravitation, Inertial Mass and Gravitational Mass, Acceleration due to gravity, Variation of acceleration due to gravity, Gravitational potential energy, Weightlessness, Escape Velocity and many more.
Gravitation falls under mechanics branch and has total 8 chapters. Physical Quantities, Vectors, Kinematics, Dynamics, Work,Energy and Power, Circular Motion, Gravitation and Elasticity are the chapters falling under this branch.
Newton's law of gravitation; gravitational field strength; gravitational potential: gravitational potential energy; variation in value of 'g' due to altitude and depth; centre of mass and Centre of gravity: Motion of a satellite: orbital velocity, and time period of the satellite: escape velocity, potential and kinetic energy of the satellite: geostationary satellite; GPS.
After studying this chapter, students should be able to:
- Explain Newton's law of gravitation.
- Define gravitational field strength.
- Define and derive formula of gravitational potential and gravitational potential energy.
- Describe the variation in value of 'g' due to altitude and depth.
- Define center of mass and center of gravity.
- Derive the formula for orbital velocity and time period of satellite. Define escape velocity and derive the expression of escape velocity.
- Find the potential and kinetic energy of the satellite. Define geostationary satellite and state the necessary conditions for it.
- Describe briefly the working principle of Global Position System (GPS.) Solve the numerical problems and conceptual questions regarding related to the gravitation.
Just scroll down to view the complete handwritten note of Gravitation chapter of class 11 physics. Uf you want the model questions of physics then you can easily find them in our site.
If you need the full notes of Gravitation chapter, along with some important questions, you can access the PDF provided below. These comprehensive notes cover all the essential information that students require to create effective study materials for their exams.
Gravitation Class 11 Physics Notes PDF
In class 11 Gravitation chapter we will study about many different topics. Students should take notes of every topics very carefully for better understanding of the chapter and to prepare a well managed notes for exam preparation. If your teacher hasn't provided you any notes then you can prepare your notes from the PDF given below.
If you wish to access the PDF offline, you have the option to download it for personal use. However, please note that the PDF is intended for personal educational purposes only, and any commercial use or sharing without permission is not permitted.
Our intention in providing these notes is to support class 11 students in saving time and concentrating on their studies, rather than spending time creating notes. Once downloaded, you can conveniently read from the PDF, allowing you to focus on studying when time is limited.
Share the love and spread the knowledge. Free to share this notes with your friends and classmates! 😊